Now, available for download through Magento Connect, is a new extension for DataFlow enabling the import of data from osCommerce into your website in Magento. To set up Magento Database Migration for your specific profile, all Magento needs is information such as the IP/host of your osCommerce DB, user login and name of DB. Magento will take care of the rest. The data Magento supports is the default DB of osCommerce 2.2 RC2 which includes customers, orders, categories and products in multiple languages. Major improvements to the process using this release include:
- Implemented customer multiple address
- Converting different encodings to default utf8
- Support for product special price
- Support for product's images
- Converting for time zones.
Unleaded’s experts can import your data for you or help your IT team shape the data on your end to achieve a seamless transfer.